FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to maintain my Strips or Individual Lashes?
- Be gentle when removing your lashes.
- Remove glue preferably using pointed tweezers between each use. Do not tug or pull on lashes when removing glue.
- When not in use, be sure to replace back to original lash case with lid closed
- Lashes can be worn 23+ with proper care and maintenance
- Avoid mascara
- Don't soak in water
- Avoid wearing to sleep
MINK INDIVIDUAL SERVICE LASHES:
- Do not perm or tint lashes after lash application
- Do not use eyelash curler to curl extensions
- Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face. - Clean around eyes with wash cloth
- Do not pull your lash extensions, as it will take out your own lash as well!
- Do not go in a Sauna while wearing Eyelash Extensions for at least for 48hrs. Do not get them wet at all for 24hrs.
- If you choose to wear mascara - only apply to the tips and use water-based mascara that washes off easily.
- Do not try to remove the Extensions on your own, call me and I will remove them without harming your natural lashes.
- Do not cut the Extensions (you may cut your own lashes).
- Clean your eye make-up, but be gentle with your Extensions.
- Remember to come in for touch ups (2-4 weeks).
- Never tug, twist, pick or pull at your lashes or extensions.
- Treat your eyes gently - as if you have makeup on that you don't want to smudge.
- Brush and groom your lashes gently with a disposable mascara spoolie or eye shadow brush (best choice).
- Try to sleep on your back or side, avoid smashing your lashes completely as you sleep.
- When using night creams/serums, apply sparingly and blot off excess.
- When you touch your lashes, always use upward, sweeping motions - no side to side rubbing at the lash line.
- Keep your fingers off your lashes. Everytime you touch them you are transferring natural oil and germs.
How to determine how much bundles I need?
Each bundle is approximately 3.5 0z. Therefore, the shorter the hair, the thicker the bundle. The longer the hair , the thinner the bundle appears. Depending on your hairstyle such as a full sew-in we suggest ordering 2-3 bundles for hair lengths 14" to 18". We suggest 3- 4 bundles 20"- 26" and 4-5 bundles of 28" or more. This is advice only. The amount of hair you need depends solely on your hairstyle. Keep in mind if you are ordering a frontal or closure the amount of bundles differentiate.
How can I maintain my hair so it can last?
- Before Installing your hair, always co wash and air dry hair completely.
- Always sleep with a silk or satin hair wrap. Do not sleep directly on cotton pillows or use cotton hair wraps. This will dry your hair out and hair will not last as long as it should.
- Avoid alcohol based products as this also can dry up your hair
- Shampoo at least once a week
- Let hair air dry
- Do not use too much product as this will cause build up on your hair. Wash hair if this happens and remember to let hair air dry
- Hair can be colored and lightened. We advise you to seek professional help when coloring your hair extensions, because you can easily over process and damage your investment.
- Keep hair treated conditioned and moisturized.